The festival is a great event where various prestigious schools from the Delhi and National Capital Region participate in various events such as IT Quiz, Symposium, Web Weaving, Virtual Canvas, Game On, Cipher, Turtle War, Robotics-Manual, Autonomous & Picasso. Eminent personalities from the I.T. field are invited every year to inaugurate and judge the events. It is an era where India is poised on the threshold of becoming a technology giant. “Unplugged” was first organized in 2011.
At Unplugged more than 25 schools with over 500 students participate and the number keeps growing every year. This year also we wish to attended by a large number of students in Unplugged 9.0 on 3 May' 2019.
DEUS EX MACHINA [D . E . M]
Deus Ex Machina [D.E.M] is the IT club of The Khaitan School,Noida. Founded in October 2010, the goal of this club is to promote IT and help the students attain the pinnacle of Information Technology. Deus Ex Machina literally means 'god from the machines'. D.E.M consists of students from classes IX to XII, who have a passion for Computers and technology. The team consists of 15 members who are selected after various tests conducted by the teachers. The major posts include President, Vice President, Secretary, Creative Head, Chief of Affairs etc.
- Schools must register online at unplugged.thekhaitanschool.org
- All schools must report on time for registrations.
- No student can participate in more than 1 event.
- The decision of judges will be final and binding.
- Last date of registration is 30th April.
- Class groups regarding the events are to be strictly followed.
- The participating schools are strictly advised to visit the website as through explanations of events are put online @ unplugged.thekhaitanschool.org
TOPIC: ELECTRIC CARS AND THEIR FUTURE IN INDIA.?
1. ONE OF THE PARTICIPANT WILL SPEAK ON THE TOPIC WHILE THE OTHER WILL HANDLE THE PRESENTATION (AUDIO/VIDEO)
2. SOFTWARE PROVIDED: MS PowerPoint 2013
3. PRESENTATION TIME: 5 MINS.
4. NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 2
TOPIC : NARCISSISM
1. PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO BRING A PRE-PREPARED IMAGE AND PRESENT IT TO THE JUDGES.
2. SOFTWARE TO BE USED: ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS 3
3. PRESENTATION TIME: 5 MINS.
4. GAMING SOFTWARE SHOULD NOT BE LAUNCHED OR EXIST.
5. PARTICIPANTS SHOULD CARRY THE PROJECT FILE ALSO.
1. ONLY 4 TEAMS WILL QUALIFY FOR THE ON-STAGE ROUND.
2. EXPECT ANYTHING FROM THE WORLD OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
3. READING ARCHIVES WON'T HELP.
4. ONLY ONE PRIZE FOR THE WINNER TEAM.
1. LANGUAGE MEDIUM: MSW LOGO.
2. THREE PROGRAMS BASED ON ARITHMETIC,LOGIC AND GRAPHICS.
3. TIME ALLOTTED: 1 Hour.
TOPIC :Design a Website on Rise of Battle Royale Gaming.
1. PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO BRING THEIR DESIGNED WEBSITES IN A CD/USB FROM HOME AND PRESENT IT IN FRONT OF THE JUDGES.
3. READY MADE TEMPLATES SHOULD NOT BE USED.
4. INTERNET ACCESS WILL BE PROVIDED TO PARTICIPANTS FOR THE PRESENTATION. PARTICIPANTS SHOULD EXPLAIN THEIR PRODUCT AND CODES IF ASKED.
5. MIN. 3 PAGES ARE REQUIRED WHICH SHOULD INCLUDE INTRO,BLOG,FAQ
1. THE EVENT WILL CONSIST OF TWO ROUNDS.
2. 9 TEAMS WILL QUALIFY FOR THE FINALS.
3. QUESTIONS WILL BE ASKED FROM ALL SPHERES OF IT.
4. PARTICIPANTS : 2
1. PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO RECREATE THE IMAGE SHOWN TO THEM.
2. SOFTWARE: MS Paint
3. TIME ALLOTTED: 1 hrs.
4. PARTICIPANTS : 2
1. GAMES WILL BE DECLARED ON THE SPOT.
2. PLATFORMS: PS4
3. PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW ALLOWED TO BRING ANY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE.
4. PARTICIPANTS : 1
5. All The Participants Have To Bring Their Own Controller.
6. Only first 20 registrations are allowed to compete
No. of Participants: 2MissionTask is to design a robot which can walk on the rope in a shortest time without falling.
1. Robot should not be controlled externally after start. Participant can setup the robot at start and can only signal once at start via sensor or switch.
2. The dimensions of the robot should not exceed 25 cm (l) * 25 cm (b) * 25 cm (h).
3. The weight of the robot must not exceed 2 KG.
4. The robot’s connections (the wires, for instance) between the control unit and the robot should be slagged at all times.
5. No Lego kits, per-built mechanisms and prefabricated or complete car bases are allowed.
6. 220 V 50Hz AC supply will be provided at the venue. Teams having robots that draw supply other than this rating need to bring their own apparatus.
7. The robot should be powered on board and no external power should be supplied
8. Maximum voltage between any two points must not exceed 12V 9.  The diameter of rope will range between 5mm-10mm. Rope will be tied at an angle less than 15 degrees
No. of Participants: 2
Task is to design a robot which can pick up the bombs and deliver it to safe place for defusing with a jet.
1. The weight of the robot must not exceed 2 KG. 2. Maximum voltage between any two points must not exceed 12V.
3. Each robot should be a manually controlled wired vehicle.
4. The dimensions of the robot should not exceed 30 cm (l) * 30 cm (b) * 30 cm (h).
6. No lego kits or complete car bases are allowed.
7. The robot should be remotely controlled and the connections (the wires, for instance) between the control unit and the robot should be
8. Bombs (shape: cylindrical, height :10 cm, radius: 3cm) will be placed in danger section. Robot must pick one bomb at a time and deliver it to Safe section and defuse the same by enabling jet of water fitted in that section.
NOTE: PARTICIPANTS MUST CARRY THEIR ID CARDS ON THE EVENTS DAY.